The Long Island Improved Brussels Sprout produces huge quantities of tasty and tender Brussels Sprouts throughout fall. Raw and shredded, they make a delicious addition to salads. Roast or boil for a savory side dish. Freeze for later use. Our Long Island Improved Brussels Sprout seed balls should germinate in 3-10 days and while it may be slow to grow at first but will take off once it has the first few sets of leaves. Harvest from the bottom of the plant up, once heads reach 1-inch in diameter.
Like all our vegetable seed balls, these are non-GMO and pesticide free.
- Sow spring after last frost, 2 inches apart.
- Choose a place that receives full sun.
- Germination: ~3-10 days days. Keep moist while germinating.
- When plants reach 6 inches, thin to 2 feet apart
- Keep moisture during germination
- Harvest when heads reach 1″ in diameter