De Cicco Broccoli is a reliable multi-cut cultivar with tender stalks and mild flavor. Broccoli was originally cultivated in the Northern Mediterranean states and has been long valued in Italian cuisine. In fact, it was Italian immigrants who brought broccoli to the United States but it wasn’t until the 1920’s that it became widely known in the US.
Broccoli is high in vitamin C and dietary fiber and may contain anti-inflammatory, cancer fighting flavonoids. Steam, stir-fry, roast, or eat raw to best preserve its nutrients.
Like all our veggies, these are non-GMO.
- Pick a spot that gets good sun.
- Plant after the risk of frost, but before Mid June.
- Sow broccoli seed balls 18 inches apart.
- Water when the soil gets dry.
- Harvest the broccoli when the flower heads are a deep blue-green, before they get ready to flower, by showing bits of yellow.